Tracey Haslam, president of Harris CapRock Communications, will serve for two years as a new member of the board of directors of the international satellite communications trade group Global VSAT Forum.
Simon Gray, field support manager at Eutelsat, has been re-elected to another two-year term on the GVF“™s board of directors, GVF said Dec. 15.
“The industry has chosen Tracey Haslam to join the GVF Board, and re-elected Simon Gray, based upon their outstanding track records, as well as their vision and commitment to strengthening every link in the global satellite industry“™s value chain,“ said David Hartshorn, secretary general of GVF.
Haslam is a 25-year technology and defense veteran who previously served as president of energy solutions business at Harris CapRock Communications.
She spent 16 years at Honeywell and held various leadership roles at the conglomerate company, such as vice president of strategic markets and director of marketing and business development.
Gray oversees training programs and installation of mobile applications and tools related to very small aperture terminals at Eutelsat.
Other incumbent members of the GSV“™s board are:
- Arunas Slekys, VP of corporate marketing at Hughes Network Systems
- Jonas Eneberg, VP of international spectrum management at Inmarsat
- Michael DeMarco, senior VP of operations at Intelsat
- Nancy Eskenazi, VP of legal service and global regulatory at SES
- Yasir Hassan, director of transmission operations at ARABSAT