John Steckel boasts a diverse portfolio in business development, financial management, sales, and marketing management. He is a results-focused executive known for developing successful client relationships and building profitable programs. Meet John Steckel, the Vice President of Corporate Development at AMERICAN SYSTEMS.
Who is John Steckel?
John Steckel is an esteemed veteran with decades of experience in defense, intelligence, and federal civilian markets. Since April 2022, he has served as AMERICAN SYSTEMS’ Vice President of Corporate Development, creating industry-specific programs, services, and solutions to ensure successful endeavors.
Steckel’s educational journey is characterized by a well-rounded set of qualifications, including:
- Bachelor of Science in History at the United States Naval Academy (1980-1984)
- Masters in Business Administration at the University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School (1990-1992)
Steckel obtained the CP APMP certification from APMP in September 2009. The certification further validates his knowledge and capabilities in proposal management.
What are the duties and responsibilities of John Steckel as the VP of Corporate Development at AMERICAN SYSTEMS?
As the Vice President of Corporate Development at AMERICAN SYSTEMS, John Steckel assumes a multifaceted role encompassing various areas of business development, spanning legislation, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic leadership.
One of Steckel’s primary responsibilities is boosting organic and inorganic growth by collaborating with organizations that complement AMERICAN SYSTEM’s existing range of solutions. He ensures that business development is ingrained as a core function rather than merely a department.
What are the previous roles of John Steckel?
John Steckel is a dedicated leader, culminating over forty years of experience in the public sector and private companies. Prior to assuming his current title, he served as AMERICAN SYSTEMS’ Vice President of Business Development from 2018 to 2022.
Here’s a deep dive into John Steckel’s previous roles and work experiences.
- Vice President of Corporate Development at AMERICAN SYSTEMS (2022-Present)
- Vice President of Business Development at AMERICAN SYSTEMS (2018-2022)
- Senior Vice President of Business Development at Vencore Inc. (2016-2018)
- Vice President of Business Development at Raytheon (2014-2016)
- Vice President of Strategic Growth at Raytheon (2012-2014)
- Vice President of Business Development at Raytheon Technical Services Company (2010-2012)
- Director of Business Development at BAE Systems (2009-2010)
- Vice President of Business Development at BAE Systems (2007-2009)
- Director of Business Development at BAE Systems (2002-2007)
- Naval Flight Officer at the U.S. Naval Air Reserve (VP-92) (1996-2006)
- Director of State Programs at Imagitas (1999-2002)
- Marketing Specialist at FedEx (1993-1997)
- Naval Flight Officer at the U.S. Navy (VP-94) (1988-1992)
- Naval Flight Officer at the U.S. Navy (VP-56) (1985-1988)
Over the course of his career, Steckel has built a reputation for growing businesses, improving access to opportunities where they can thrive, and giving them better control to navigate the industry.
About AMERICAN SYSTEMS
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is a federal government contractor focused on national priority programs and strategic solutions. Founded in 1975, the company specializes in enterprise IT, test and evaluation, acquisition and lifecycle support, engineering and analysis, and training across a range of focus areas such as defense, intelligence, federal law, healthcare, and more.
In 2015, AMERICAN SYSTEMS transitioned into an employee-owned enterprise. It has created a culture shift in which employees are not just workers but also owners, fostering a sense of accountability throughout the organization. The company has 1,600 employee-owners across the United States, collaborating to address the most pressing needs of customers today and anticipate future challenges.