Lockheed Martin‘s rotary and mission systems business has received a $62.1 million contract modification from the U.S. Navy for Aegis combat system modernization and ship construction efforts over a three-year period.
The Department of Defense said Friday Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems will work on meeting fiscal 2022 Aegis modernization needs as well as new frigate and guided-missile destroyer construction production requirements.
Lockheed RMS will conduct 80 percent of the work in Moorestown, New Jersey while the remaining 20 percent will be done in Clearwater, Florida. The company is expected to wrap up efforts by September 2025.
The Navy will use its fiscal 2022 other procurement and shipbuilding and conversion funds to cover $57.7 million of the award, with the rest to be taken from the fiscal 2022 Defense-wide procurement allocation.
Washington, D.C.-based Naval Sea Systems Command serves as the award’s contracting activity.