Jean Stack, a managing director at Baird and 2019 Wash100 Award recipient, offeredÂ insight into market trends during the financial services company's annual Government and Defense Conference on Wednesday at the Ritz Carlton in Tysons Corner, Va.
"There strong velocity in M&A and huge valuations," she said in her speech at the event.
Stack serves as a managing director within the global technology and services team at Baird and as co-head of the firm's government and defense investment banking practice. She is a board member and an executive committee member of the Northern Virginia Technology Council as well as a board member of the Association of Corporate Growth.
She joined Baird last year from Houilhan Lokey, where she served as founding member of global investment bank's aerospace, defense andÂ government services group andÂ co-head of its government services practice. With more than 20 years in investment banking, Stack has deep expertise in advising companies onÂ M&A, capital-raising and corporate matters.
The full-day conference will include panel discussions and corporate presentations from multiple industry leaders.
Other event speakers include:
- John Kavanaugh, senior vice president and chief financial officer at Perspecta
- Pierre Chao, founding partner of Renaissance Strategic Advisors and two-time Wash100 Award recipient
- Randy Phillips, SVP of corporate development at Leidos
- Tiffanny Gates, president and CEO Novetta and 2019 Wash100 Awardee
- Rick Wagner, president of the mission, cyber and intelligence solutions group at Mantech International and two-time Wash100 Award winner.