Bill LaPlante, senior vice president for Mitreâ€™s national security sector, said in a statement published Monday Work brings decades of experience and knowledge to the nonprofit companyâ€™s national security sector as it works with DoD, cybersecurity and intelligence communities.
Work serves as president of a consulting firm and advises clients on defense strategy, national security and dual-use and military technologies.
He is former undersecretary of the U.S. Navy and president and CEO of the Center for a New American Security.
Other visiting fellows are:
- Ashton Carter, former DoD secretary and current director at Harvard Kennedy Schoolâ€™s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs
- Mark McClellan, director of the Duke Margolis Center for Health Policy, former Food and Drug Administration commissioner and former CentersÂ for Medicare and Medicaid Services administrator
- Michael Chernew, director of health care markets and regulation laboratory at Harvard Medical School
- Rick Ledgett, former deputy director at the National Security Agency
- Robert Darnell, professor of cancer biology at Rockefeller University and founder of the New York Genome Center
- Steven Boutelle, formerÂ chief information officer of theÂ U.S. ArmyÂ and vice president at Cisco Systems
- Tom Chi, founding team member at Google X and an executive at Yahoo