The Defense Department has elected new members to the Defense Business Board who will work to advise the defense secretary and other DoD officials on business standards.
Defense Secretary Ashton Carter announced the appointments on Thursday.
“I welcome the new business leaders joining our ranks, and pleased to see former members return at such an important time for our country,” said Carter.
“Their keen insight and vision will continue the invaluable work the Defense Business Board has done in improving the department’s business operations,“ he added.
The new members are:
- Mahlon Apgar IV, former assistant army secretary for installations and environment
- Robert Holland, former CEO of Ben & Jerry’s
- Jerry MacArthur Hultin, president emeritus of New York University’s Polytechnic Institute
- William Swanson, former Raytheon CEO
- Lon Levin, president of SkySeven Ventures and cofounder of XM Satellite Radio
- John O’Connor, chairman of J.H. Whitney Investment Management
- Arnold Punaro, president of Punaro Group
- Atul Vashistha, founder and chairman of Neo Group