Kay Kapoor, president of AT&T‘s government solutions business, has received theÂ Janice K. Mendenhall Spirit of Leadership Award from theÂ American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council.
ACT-IAC said MondayÂ the award is named after a civil servant who sought to bolsterÂ mentorship and relationships between industry and government and is the highestÂ awardÂ given to members of the organization.
KapoorÂ has worked for more than two decades in the federal sector and hasÂ both ledÂ technology innovation programs in support of governmentÂ andÂ mentored otherÂ executives, ACT-IAC said.
She is one of seven members honored at the recentÂ ACT-IAC 2014 Executive Leadership Conference.
- Leaders Award:Â John Grant, director of customer accounts and researchÂ atÂ the General Services Administration, andÂ Kimberly Purlia, managing partner of Purlia ParrisÂ andÂ ACT-IAC Small Business Alliance chair
- Individual Contributor of the Year Award â€“ Government:Â Charles Santangelo, senior IT policy and budget adviser at the Department of Homeland Security
- Individual Contributor of the Year Award â€“ Industry:Â Allen Ashbey, director of business development at Sapient
- Rookie of the Year Award:Â Jared Townshend, senior manager at Deloitte
- Ginny McCormick New Heights Award:Â Rabiah Sutton, an executive atÂ FWD think
“Through their dedication, their investment of personal time and their commitment to the idea that collaboration produces better outcomes, we are all winners in our quest to create a more effective and innovative government,” saidÂ Kenneth Allen,Â ACT-IAC executive director.