General Electric’s aviation division has won an $8,886,783 Navy delivery order to provide the branch with engine upgrades under a Navy component improvement program.
The Defense Department said the cost-plus-fixed-fee contract combines a 93 percent purchase from the Navy and the remaining 7 percent from the Australian government.
Australia will receive the F414 engine upgrades through a foreign military sales agreement.
Work will occur in Lynn, Mass. and the Pentagon expects finish by December 2012.
The Naval Air Systems Command in Patuxent River, Md. is the contracting activity.
The company recently won a similar Navy contract, worth an estimated $9.2 million, to upgrade engine systems under the same program.